A semiparasitic green shrub.
(StGbt: t. 50)
Mistletoe, a small steam tug, was built as Restless at St. Louis in 1861; purchased by the War Department early in the Civil War for service in the Western Flotilla and renamed; transferred to the Navy at Cairo, Ill., 30 September 1862; and commissioned 1 October 1862, Acting Ens. James L. Quigley in command.
Mistletoe served as a tug at the Cairo Naval Base until joining the Mississippi Squadron downriver 7 September 1863. After the end of the Civil War, she was sold at public auction at Mound City, Ill., to S. Horner 20 November 1864. She was redocumented as Ella Wood 6 February 1866 and remained in merchant service until 1871.