Former name retained.
(SP‑309: t. 41; l. 65'; b. 14'; dr. 3'9" (mean); s. 11.6 k.; cpl. 9; a. 2 1‑pdr., 2 m.g.)
Mikawe (SP‑309), a wooden‑bull patrol boat built in 1916 at Bay City, Mich., was acquired by the U.S. Navy, 10 August 1917, from Thomas H. Gill for $12,500 and placed in service the same day. For almost 2 years she served as a section patrol boat in the 9th Naval District. On 24 April 1919 she was transferred to the U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey.