A river in western Michigan.
(AOG‑65: dp. 5,970 (lim.); l. 325'2"; b. 48'2"; dr. 19' (lim.); s. 10 k.; cpl. 80: a. 1 3", 8 20mm.; cl. Klickitat; T. TI‑M‑BT1)
Michigame (AOG‑65) was laid down under Maritime Commission contract by St. Johns River Shipbuilding Corp., Jacksonville, Fla., 30 December 1941; launched 31 March 1945; sponsored by Miss Elaine Jeanne Crouch; acquired by the Navy from the Maritime Commission under loan charter 10 August 1945; and commissioned the same day.
Assigned to the Atlantic Fleet, Michigame with a Coast Guard crew reported to Commander, Service Force, 20 September 1945 for oiler duties off Norfolk, Va., until she decommissioned 23 January 1946. The next day she was delivered to WSA to serve the Maritime Commission as Black Bayou. Before she could see service as Black Bayou she was sold to the Argentine Navy at the end of January 1946 and commissioned in the Argentine Navy as Punta Ninfas (B‑15). She saw continuous service in the Argentine Navy until 1964 when she was sold for scrap.