Any of several villages in the Philippine Islands, one of which is located on Luzon southeast of Manila.
(YFB‑54: t. 196; l. 121'6"; b. 33'2"; dr. 8'6")
The second Magdalena, a ferryboat, was built in 1888 at Portland, Oreg., and served as SS City of Seattle. She was requisition‑purchased by the Navy from the city of Martinez, Calif., and delivered to the Mare Island Navy Yard 10 August 1944. Renamed Magdalena 9 September, she was placed in service 23 November and assigned to the 12th Naval District at San Francisco. Magdalena provided ferry service between Mare Island and Vallejo, Calif., during the remainder of World War II. She continued to operate in the 12th Naval District until 14 October 1946 when she was placed out of service at Mare Island and subsequently transferred to Suisun Bay, Calif. Her name was struck from the Navy list 7 February 1947, and she was transferred to the Maritime Commission for disposal 25 December 1947.