LST-47 was laid down on 30 July 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 24 September 1943; sponsored by by Mrs. Clarence H. Vant; and commissioned on 8 November 1943.
The tank landing ship was initially assigned to the European theater and participated in the Normandy invasion in June 1944 and the invasion of southern France in August and September 1944. She was later transferred to the Asiatic-Pacific theater of operations where she took part in the Okinawa assault between 26 and 30 June 1945. Following the war, LST-47 performed occupation duty in the Far East in the fall and winter of 1945 and early January 1946.
Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 11 January 1946 and transferred to the United States Army the same day. She was assigned to the Military Sea Transportation Service on 31 March 1952 and redesignated USNS LST-47. USNS LST-47 was transferred to the Philippine Navy on 13 September 1976.
LST-47 earned three battle stars for World War II service.