LST-46 was laid down on 20 July 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 16 September 1943; sponsored by Mrs. J. J. Edson, Jr.; and commissioned on 3 November 1943.
During World War II, she was assigned to the European theater and participated in the Normandy invasion from 6 to 25 June 1944 and the invasion of southern France in August and September 1944. She was later transferred to the Asiatic-Pacific theater where she took part in the Okinawa assault in June 1945. Following the war, LST-46 performed occupation duty in the Far East and service in China until mid-May 1946.
Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 6 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 June 1946. On 13 February 1948, she was sold to Bosey, Philippines, and resold to T. Y. Fong on the same date.
LST-46 earned three battle stars for World War II