LST-25 was laid down on 12 October 1942 at Wilmington, Del., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 9 March 1943; sponsored by Miss Dolly Hemphill; and commissioned on 3 May 1943, Lt. J. B. Holmes, USCG, in command.
During World War II, LST-25 served in the European and Asiatic-Pacific theaters and participated m the following operations:
Invasion of Normandy—June 1944 Okinawa Gunto operation:
(a) Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto—May 1945
Navy Occupation Service, Asia—September and October 1945 and March 1946
China Service—October 1945 and March 1946.
LST-25 was decommissioned on 2 August 1946 and was struck from the Navy list on 8 October 1946. On 31 March 1948, she was sold to the Kaiser Co., Inc., Seattle, Wash., for scrapping.
LST-25 earned two battle stars for World War II service.