LST-21 was laid down on 25 September 1942 at Wilmington, Del., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 18 February 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Lillian M. Lloyd; and commissioned on 14 April 1943.
The tank landing ship was assigned to the European theater and participated in the Normandy invasion in June 1944.
Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 25 January 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 June 1946. She was sold to Louis Feldman, of Flushing, N.Y., on 12 March 1948 and was subsequently scrapped.
LST-21 earned one battle star for World War II service.