LST-19 was laid down on 22 October 1942 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 11 March 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Frances P. Gott; commissioned on 15 May 1943; and redesignated LSTH on 15 September 1945.
During World War II, LST-19 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Gilbert Islands operation—November and December 1943 Marianas operation:
(a) Capture and occupation of Saipan—June and July 1944
Tinian capture and occupation—July 1944 Western Caroline Islands operations:
(a) Capture and occupation of southern Palau Islands—September and October 1944
Following the war, LST-19 performed occupation duty in the Far East in October and December 1945. She was decommissioned on 20 March 1946 and was struck from the Navy list on 1 May 1946. On 5 December 1947, she was sold to Ships and Power Equipment Co., of Barber, N.J., for scrapping.
LST-19 earned four battle stars for World War II service.