Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-13

 

LST-13 was laid down on 1 September 1942 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on January 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Jean A. Brackmann; and transferred to the United Kingdom on 3 April 1943.

 

LST-13 was returned to the United States Navy on 27 February 1946 and was struck from the Navy list on 5 June 1946. On 14 October 1947, she was sold to Luria Brothers and Co., Inc., of Philadelphia, Pa., for scrapping.