Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-9

 

LST-9 was laid down on 9 August 1942 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 14 November 1942; sponsored by Miss Katherine Moxin; and transferred to the United Kingdom on 19 March 1943.

 

LST-9 was returned to the United States Navy on 1 June 1946 and was struck from the Navy list on 3 July 1946. On 5 September 1948, she was sold to Bosey, Philippines.