LST-7 was laid down on 17 July 1942 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 31 October 1942; sponsored by Mrs. Anna Marvin; and commissioned on 2 March 1943.
During World War II, LST-7 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Sicilian occupation—July 1943
Salerno landings—September 1943
Invasion of Normandy—June 1944
LST-7 was decommissioned on 21 May 1946 and was struck from the Navy list on 19 June 1946. On 7 October 1947, she was sold to Mr. L. Lewis Green, Jr., of Charleston, S.C., for scrapping.
LST-7 earned three battle stars for World War II service.