LST-3 was laid down on 29 June 1942 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 19 September 1942; sponsored by Mrs. A. C. Harlow; and commissioned on 8 February 1943.
During World War II, LST-3 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Sicilian occupation—July to August 1943
Invasion of southern France—August to September 1944
LST-3 was decommissioned sometime after World War II ended and was struck from the Navy list on 19 June 1946. On 10 September 1947, she was sold to the Boston Metals Co., of Baltimore, Md., for scrapping.
LST-3 earned two battle stars for World War II service.