LST-2 was laid down on 23 June 1942 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 19 September 1942; sponsored by Miss Nancy Jane Hughes; and commissioned on 9 February 1943.
During World War II, LST-2 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
North African occupation—early 1943
Sicilian occupation—July 1943
Salerno landings—September 1943
Invasion of Normandy—June 1944
LST-2 was decommissioned on 11 April 1946 and was struck from the Navy list on 5 June 1946. On 5 December 1947, she was sold to Bosey, Philippines. LST-2 earned four battle stars for World War II