Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Lot M. Morrill

 

A former name retained.

 

Lot M. Morrill, a revenue cutter, was taken over by the Navy 24 April 1898 for service in the Spanish‑American War. She patrolled between Cuba and Florida during May, and for the next 3 months operated along the west coast to Florida. During her tour she captured two ships: a French ship, Lafayette, and Spanish sailing ship Espaņa. Lot M. Morrill was returned to the Treasury Department 11 August 1898.