A British name retained; a river in northeastern Scotland which flows into the North Sea.
(PG‑108: dp. 1,370; l. 3,01'3"; b. 36'6"; dr. 9'; s. 20 k.; cpl. 140; a. 2 4", 10 20mm., 1 dcp. (h.h.); cl. River)
PG‑108 was launched under U.S. Navy contract by Canadian Vickers, Ltd., Montreal, Canada, 30 April 1943 and named HMS Lossie (K‑ 303) upon transfer to the United Kingdom under lend lease 12 August 1943. During the remainder of World War II the “River” class frigate served the Royal Navy in the North Atlantic. She was returned to the custody of the U.S. Navy at Boston, Mass., 28 January 1946. She was ‑ old to Cadio Compania de Navegacion S.A. 13 November 1946 and documented under Panamanian registry as Teti. Sold to Typaldos Brothers 88 Co. Ltd., in 1955 she was renamed Adriatiki and operated under Greek papers out of Piraeus.