A genus of trees with large cordate leaves and cymost flowers rich in nectar. Both Lindens retained their former names.
(WAGL-228: dp. 323; l. 121'3"; b. 25'; dr. 9'; s. 9 k.; cpl. 17)
Linden was built in 1931 at Jacksonville, Fla., as a lighthouse and buoy tender and assigned permanent station at Baltimore, Md. In 1937 she was transferred to Norfolk, Va., for tender duty. She was acquired from the Light House Service in 1939 when that service became part of the Coast Guard.
Executive Order 8929 of 1 November 1941 transferred the entire Coast Guard to the Navy. Linden continued naval service as a buoy tender until 1 January 1946, when she returned to the Treasury Department. Her peacetime duties up to the present have consisted of buoy tending out of the permanent duty stations of Portsmouth, Va., and St. George, Staten Island, N.Y.