Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Lincoln Salvor

 

A British name retained.

 

(BARS-9: dp. 1,123; l. 183'3"; b. 37'; dr. 14'9"; s. 12 k.; cpl. 35; a. 1 3", 2 20mm.; cl. BARS-5)

 

BARS-9 was laid down by Bellingham Marine Railway & Boatbuilding Co., Bellingham, Wash., 27 April 1942; launched 14 November 1942; assigned to the United Kingdom under lend lease 2 November 1943; and renamed HMS Lincoln Salvor upon transfer 5 November 1943. During the remainder of World War II she served the Royal Navy as a coastal salvage ship. She was returned to the custody of the U.S. Navy 10 December 1946, and sold in England.