Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Lillian II

 

A former name retained.

 

(SP-38: t. 13; l. 50'; b. 10'; dr. 3'; s. 10 k.; cpl. 4; a. 1 .30 cal. mg.)

 

Lillian II, a motorboat, was built in 1909 by Willard Downes, Bayshore, N.Y.; chartered by the Navy 6 June 1917 from her owner, S. F. Rothschild, Bayshore, N.Y.; enrolled in the Naval Coast Defense Reserve 8 June 1917; taken over 16 June 1917; and commissioned 20 July 1917, Ens. S. Cohen, USNRF, in command.

 

Assigned to the 3d Naval District, New York; Lillian II operated as a shore patrol boat along southern Long Island in Great South Bay. She decommissioned 19 December 1917 and was returned to her owner the following day.