(Str.: t. 1,275; l. 261'; b. 43'6"; dr. 18'4"; s. 9 k.; cpl. 52; a. 2 3")
Levisa, a cargo ship, was launched 1916 by Detroit Drydock Co., Wyandotte, Mich.; acquired by the Navy 19 November 1918 from the United Fruit Co., New York, N.Y.; and commissioned at Cardiff, Wales, the same day, Lt. Comdr. H. A. Nickerson, USNRF, in command.
Assigned to NOTS, Levisa operated as a coal transport between British and French ports from her base at Cardiff. She continued these cross-channel runs until departing Penarth 22 February 1919 with 832 tons of Army explosives. Arriving New York 15 March, Levisa decommissioned 1 April and was returned to her owner the same day.