The first Lebanon retained her former name; the second was named after a county in southeastern Pennsylvania.
(AK-191: dp. 2,382; l. 338'6"; b. 50'; dr. 21’; s. 12 k.; cpl. 85; a. 13", 6 20mm.; cl. Alamosa; T. C1-M-AV1)
The second Lebanon (AK-191) was laid down under a Maritime Commission contract by Walter Butler Shipbuilding Co., Superior, Wis., 15 May 1944; launched 14 October 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Charles E. Denny; acquired by the Navy 25 August 1945; and commissioned at New Orleans 26 September 1945, Lt. Robert K. Stuart in command.
The end of World War II reduced the need for cargo ships and Lebanon decommissioned 15 November 1946. She was returned to the Maritime Commission the same day, was chartered to Lykes Bros. SS Co., Inc., and renamed Coastal Archcr.