Any of a genus of plants of the crowfoot family cultivated for their multicolored flowers with spurred calyxes.
(ScStr: dp. 738; l. 169'; b. 30'; dr. 9'1" ; cpl. 30)
The second Larkspur was a lighthouse tender built in 1903 at Port Richmond, N.Y. She was transferred to the Navy with the entire Lighthouse Service by an Executive order of 11 April 1917. Throughout the war she patrolled the Atlantic coast. She was returned to the Department of Commerce 1 July 1919.