A plant of the genus Lupinus.
(WAGL‑230: dp. 1,130; l. 172'; b. 32'; dr. 12'; s. 10 k.; cpl. 30)
Lupine, formerly General W. P. Randolph, USQM, was built in 1919 at Milwaukee, Wis., as a lighthouse and buoy tender and assigned permanent station at San Francisco, Calif. She was acquired from the Lighthouse Service in 1939 when that service became part of the Coast Guard. Executive Order 8929 of 1 November 1941 transferred the entire Coast Guard to the Navy. Lupine continued naval service as a buoy tender until 1 January 1946, when she returned to the Treasury Department. Decommissioned shortly thereafter, she was sold in December 1947.