A minor planet.
(AF‑45: dp. 3,139; l. 338'6"; b. 501; dr. 21'1"; s. 11.5 k.; cpl. 83; a. 1 3", 6 20mm.; cl. Adria; T.R1‑M‑AV3)
Lucidor (AF‑45) was laid down under a Maritime Commission contract by Pennsylvania Shipyards, Inc., Beaumont, Tex., 1 December 1944; launched 25 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. J. Y. Powell, acquired by the Navy 16 June 1945; and commissioned 6 July 1945 at Galveston, Lt. E. L. LaVoy in command.
After shakedown, Lucidor loaded cargo at Mobile, Ala., and steamed for Pearl Harbor, arriving there 1 September. Loaded with fleet provisions, the storeship sailed for the Marshall Islands, arriving Eniwetok 26 September.
From October 1945 to April 1946 Lucidor made supply runs to bases scattered throughout the western and central Pacific. She also operated in the Far East, transporting dry and refrigerated cargo to Japan and Tsingtao, China. Lucidor returned San Francisco 10 May 1946 and decommissioned there on the 26th. She was returned to WSA the same day and entered the National Defense Reserve Fleet. At present she is berthed in Puget Sound at Olympia, Wash.