Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1151

 

LST-1151 was laid down on 3 March 1945 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 4 June 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Isabell H. Collins; and placed in reduced commission on 15 June 1945.

 

LST-1151 underwent conversion to a landing craft repair ship, commissioning as Quirinus (ARL-39) (q.v.) on 6 November 1945.