Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1147

 

LST-1147 was laid down on 12 February 1945 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 21 May 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Regina K. Hlubak; and placed in reduced commission.

 

LST-1147 underwent conversion to a landing craft repair ship and was commissioned as Indra (ARL-37) (q.v.) on 2 October 1945.