Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1144

 

LST-1144 was laid down on 3 February 1945 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 2 May 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Evelyn B. Adams; and commissioned on 28 May 1945, Lt. T. R. Hopkins, USNR, in command.

 

Following the war, LST-1144 was assigned to the Service Force, Atlantic Fleet, for which she operated on training and logistics missions into 1954. She was decommissioned on 11 February 1955 and assigned to the Atlantic Reserve Fleet. On 1 July 1955, the ship was redesignated Sublette County (LST-1144) (q.v.) after a county in Wyoming. She was struck from the Navy list on 1 June 1960. Sublette County was transferred to the Republic of China Navy in September 1961 where she served as Chung Yeh (LST-231).