Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1140

 

LST-1140 was laid down on 17 January 1945 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 13 April 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Eugenia L. Renkosik; and commissioned on 4 May 1945.

 

Following World War II, LST-1140 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early November 1945. She was decommissioned on 3 June 1949 and struck from the Navy list on 15 August that same year. On 26 January 1950, the ship was sold to the Foss Launch & Tug Co., Seattle, Wash.