LST-1139 was laid down on 15 January- 1945 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 9 April 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Helen G. Hines; and commissioned on 27 April 1945, Lt. John J. Flood, Jr., in command.
Following World War II, LST-1139 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-December 1945. She was decommissioned on 20 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 15 August that same year. On 28 June 1948, the ship was sold to the Port Houston Iron Works, Inc., Houston, Tex., for non-self-propelled operation.