Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1137

 

LST-1137 was laid down on 3 January 1945 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 30 March 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Dorothy L. Mahoney; and placed in reduced commission on 11 April 1945.

 

Decommissioned on 7 May 1945, LST-1137 underwent conversion to a landing craft repair ship, recommissioning as Chimaera (ARL-33) (q.v.) on 7 August 1945.