Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1136

 

LST-1136 was laid down on 27 December 1944 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 26 March 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Huberta J. Malsie; and commissioned on 6 April 1945, Lt. P. P. Wynn in command.

 

Decommissioned on 27 April 1945, LST-1136 underwent conversion to a landing craft repair ship, recom-missioning as Bellona (ARL-32) (q.v.) on 26 July 1945.