Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1135

 

LST-1135 was laid down on 26 December 1944 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 21 March 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Doris P. Syfert; and commissioned on 12 April 1945, Lt. L. A. Morgan in command.

 

Following World War II, LST-1135 performed occupation duty in the Far East until late September 1946. She was decommissioned on 28 April 1948 and transferred to the Maritime Administration for disposal on 29 June 1948. LST-1135 was struck from the Navy list on 12 August 1948.