Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1134

 

LST-1134 was laid down on 18 December 1944 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 16 March 1945; sponsored by Miss Ella J. Arne; and commissioned on 7 April 1945, Lt. C. R. Barheght, USNR, in command.

 

After World War II, LST-1134 performed occupation duty in the Par East until early January 1946. Following occupation duty, she performed logistic duties in the western Pacific for the next four years and then participated in operations in support of the Korean War. After the war, she engaged in hauling cargo and passengers between the various Hawaiian Islands from 1951 to 1966.

 

On 1 July 1955, LST-1134 was redesignated Stark County (LST-1134) (q.v.) after counties in Illinois, North Dakota, and Ohio. On 16 May 1966, Stark County was transferred to the Royal Thai Navy where she served as Pangan (LST-3). She was subsequently struck from the Navy list.

 

LST-1134 earned three battle stars for Korean War service.