Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1133

 

LST-1133 was laid down on 16 December 1944 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 10 March 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Theodora S. Tillman; and placed in partial commission on 23 March 1945.

 

Decommissioned on 17 April 1945, LST-1133 underwent conversion to a motor torpedo boat tender, re-commissioning as Chiron (AGP-18) (q.v.) on 18 September 1945.