Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1132

 

LST-1132 was laid down on 12 December 1944 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 7 March 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Hazel S. Wither-spoon; and commissioned on 19 March 1945, Lt. P. P. Wynn in command.

 

Decommissioned on 31 March 1945, LST-1132 underwent conversion to a landing craft repair ship, recommissioning as Bellerophon (ARL-31) (q.v.) on 21 July 1945.