LST-1128 was laid down on 23 November 1944 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 19 February 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Marie Staat; and commissioned on 9 March 1945.
Following World War II, LST-1128 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early February 1946. She was decommissioned on 29 July 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. On 1 July 1955, the ship was redesignated Solano County (LST-1128) (q.v.) after a county in California. She was struck from the Navy list on 1 November 1958 and transferred to the Indonesian Navy where she served as Teluk Langsa (LST-501).