Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1127

 

LST-1127 was laid down on 23 November 1944 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 14 February 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Evelyn P. Adams; and commissioned on 26 February 1945, Lt. Adam W. Melohusky in command.

 

Decommissioned on 16 March 1945, LST-1127 underwent conversion to a battle damage repair ship and was commissioned again as Helios (ARB-12) (q.v.) on 23 July 1945.