LST-1126 was laid down on 16 November 1944 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 9 February 1945; sponsored by Miss Gladys Minor Woodruff; and commissioned on 28 February 1945, Lt. F. C. Helm, USNR, in command.
Following World War II, LST-1126 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early November 1945. For the next 25 years, she operated with the U.S. Pacific Fleet with numerous deployments to the western Pacific. She conducted extensive logistic support operations in the Vietnam theater during the period 1965 to 1970. She was redesignated Snohomish County (LST-1126) (q.v.) after a county in Washington on 1 July 1955. Decommissioned on 1 July 1970, Snohomish County was struck from the Navy list and sold to the Chin Ho Fa Steel & Iron Co., Ltd., Taiwan, in January 1971 for scrapping.
LST-1126 earned eight battle stars for Vietnam service.