Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1124

 

LST-1124 was laid down on 6 November 1944 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 1 February 1945; sponsored by Miss Lillie Williams Kidd; and placed in partial commission on 3 March 1945.

 

LST-1124 underwent conversion to a landing craft repair ship and was commissioned as Amphitrite (ARL-29) (q.v.) on 28 June 1945.