LST-1120 was laid down on 20 October 1944 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 16 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Ruth Brown; and commissioned on 9 February 1945.
During World War II, LST-1120 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in May and June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until late January 1947. Decommissioned on 14 January 1948, the ship was struck from the Navy list on 19 February that same year. On 20 June 1948, she was sold to Consolidated Builders, Inc., Seattle, Wash., for scrapping.
LST-1120 earned one battle star for World War II service.