Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1118

 

LST-1118 was laid down on 17 October 1944 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 5 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. F. E. Kittredge; and commissioned on 18 January 1945, Lt. Bernard M. Jacobsen, USNR, in command.

 

Decommissioned on 16 February 1945, LST-1118 underwent conversion and was recommissioned as Typhon (ARL-28) (q.v.) on 18 June 1945.