Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1116

 

LST-1116 was laid down on 2 October 1944 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 28 December 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Lucile H. Kelley; and commissioned on 9 January 1945. She was decommissioned on 15 February 1945, and underwent conversion and was recommissioned as Proserpine (ARL-21) (q.v.) on 31 May 1945.