Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1115

 

LST-1115 was laid down on 29 September 1944 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 22 December 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Margaret Reed; and placed in reduced commission on 4 January 1945. She was subsequently decommissioned on 6 February 1945 and underwent conversion. LST-1115 was later commissioned as Pentheus (ARL-20) (q.v.) on 7 June 1945.