Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1109

 

LST-1109 was laid down on 21 December 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 6 February 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Paul H. Derrick; and commissioned on 28 February 1945, Lt. William A. McCaskill, USNR, in command.

 

Following World War II, LST-1109 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early November 1945. She was decommissioned on 6 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 June that same year. On 13 June 1948, the ship was sold to the Walter W. Johnson Co. for scrapping.