Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1107

 

LST-1107 was laid down on 13 December 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 29 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Frank Parks; and commissioned on 21 February 1945, Lt. G. P. Lynch in command.

 

Following World War II, LST-1107 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-October 1945. She was decommissioned on 1 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July that same year. On 28 February 1947, the ship was sold to Higgins, Inc., for operation.