Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1106

 

LST-1106 was laid down on 9 December 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 24 January 1945; and commissioned on 16 February 1945, Lt. Jack Flinn, USNR, in command.

 

During World War II, LST-1106 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until late September 1945. She was decommissioned on 2 August 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 8 October that same year. On 13 June 1948, the ship was sold to the Walter W. Johnson Co. for scrapping.

 

LST-1106 earned one battle star for World War II service.