Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1104

 

LST-1104 was laid down on 1 December 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 17 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Walter G. Koch; and commissioned on 8 February 1945, Lt. John F. Kelly, USNR, in command.

 

During World War II, LST-1104 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early April 1946. She was decommissioned on 8 July 1946. On 28 April 1947, the ship was sold to the Quarterman Corp. for operation. She was struck from the Navy list on 22 May 1947.

 

LST-1104 earned one battle star for World War II service.