LST-1103 was laid down on 28 November 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 13 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. E. S. Paschall; and commissioned on 31 January 1945, Lt. Comdr. R. D. Foster, USNR, in command.
Following World War II, LST-1103 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early March 1946. She was decommissioned on 18 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 23 June 1947. On 17 June 1948, the ship was sold to the Oil Transport Co., New Orleans, La., for non-self-propelled operation.