LST-1102 was laid down on 23 November 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 10 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Odette Snyder; and commissioned on 29 January 1945, Lt. L. J. Patterson, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-1102 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early October 1947. She was decommissioned on 21 November 1947 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. The ship was redesignated AG-150 on 27 January 1949 and assigned the name Chimon, after an island off the coast of Connecticut, on 1 February 1949. Recommissioned on 27 December 1950, Chimon supported operations in the Korean War. Reclassified AKS-31 on 18 August 1951, she operated with the Pacific Fleet into 1957. Decommissioned again on 22 April 1958, Chimon was struck from the Navy list on 2 November 1959 and sold.
LST-1102 earned one battle star for World War II service.