LST-1086 was laid down on 5 December 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 28 January 1945; sponsored by Miss Julia L. Rowan; and commissioned on 24 February 1945, Lt. David J. Ward in command.
Following World War II, LST-1086 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until late March 1946. She was decommissioned on 7 August 1946 and assigned to the Atlantic Reserve Fleet. On 1 July 1955, the ship was redesignated Potter County (LST-1086) (q.v.) after counties in Pennsylvania, South Dakota, and Texas. The tank landing ship was transferred to Greece on 9 August 1960 where she served the Hellenic Navy as Ikaria (L-154).